In September of 2000, following Arafat’s rejection of Ehud Barak’s offer to give 95% plus of the west bank to the PLO Arabs, including East Jerusalem, the PLO began the second intifada, ostensibly based on a vist by to the Temple Mount by Ariel Sharon. The havoc that followed, was pre planned by the PLO. You can read this for some background information. Anyway, shortly after the second intifada began, there was an alleged gun battle between the IDF and the PLO. A 12 year old boy was allegedly shot and killed by the IDF. His name was Mohammed Al-Dura. He became the poster boy for the second intifada, and Israel was condemned by the world. Like the world needs a reason to condemn Israel. Over the years the death of this child has been reconsidered. I have read pieces over the years that call into question whether or not the IDF killed the boy in the crossfire. I read this piece by James Fallows when it came out. In the current issue of Commentary Nidra Poller has written a piece titled “Myth, Fact, and the al-Dura Affair. Melanie Phillips offers this commentary: “A modern racial libel
A stunning article in Commentary by Nidra Poller exposes what might eventually come to be regarded as a racial libel on a par with the Protocols of the Elders of Zion in both its malevolence and its contribution to the history of racial hatred. The defining image of the second Palestinian intifada was the television footage of 12 year-old Mohammed al Dura being sheltered by his father as they cowered under a hail of bullets fired by Israeli soldiers in a gun battle at the Netzarim junction on September 30 2000, at the very beginning of the violence. These pictures, shot by a France 2 cameraman, instantly achieved a lethal iconic status. The image of Mohammed al Dura slumped in death in his father’s lap like an Arab pieta was used on countless occasions to recruit human bomb volunteers for the jihad against Israel. As Poller says, his death scene has been replicated on murals, posters, and postage stamps, even making an appearance in the video of Daniel Pearl’s beheading.
Testifying under oath before the Palestinian Center for Human Rights, the cameraman Talal Abu Rahmeh alleged that Israeli soldiers had intentionally murdered the boy and wounded the father. There had been, he said, a five-minute exchange of fire between Palestinian policemen and Israeli soldiers. This was followed by fully 45 minutes of gunfire coming exclusively from the Israeli position and aimed directly at the man and the boy crouching desperately behind a concrete barrel. He had captured on film a total of 27 minutes of this fusillade, risking his own life in the process.
From the start, however, many smelled a rat and several journalists have suggested that this event was not what it seemed. Now, Poller reveals information that strongly suggests the whole thing was a cynical and evil fraud. She has obtained hours of out-takes from film shot by dozens of cameramen at the Netzarim junction that day. What was recorded on these films were two types of activity — real attacks and crudely staged, entirely confected battle scenes:” Continue reading….. The blood libel and the lies about Israel continue. The sad part about all of this is, even with absolute proof of the lies, the world will not change it’s opinion and the hatred of Israel will continue unabated.

Advertisements

One Response to “”

  1. A fantastic blog. Keep it up. This may be of interest to you; how to buy & sell everything, like computer desk on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: